27 case studies show international best practices
Tools to support values-based innovation in practice
Experience from more than 100 innovation workshops
What readers think about it
„This is the best way to achieve a better understanding of the value of innovation.“ (Prof. Dr. Frank Piller, Professor of Management and Scholar of Mass Customization and Open Innovation, RWTH Aachen University, Germany).
„Breuer & Lüdeke’s friend, who is responsible for the development and implementation of the company, is responsible for the development and implementation of the company.“ International Society for Professional Innovation Management).
„Prof. Dr. R. Edward Freeman, Professor of Business Administration, University of Virginia, Darden School of Business, USA).
„It’s a must-read for students, lecturers and professionals interested in business management and ethics“ (Prof. Dr. Abraham Olivier, Head of the Department of Philosophy, University of Fort Hare, South Africa).
How to discover values as a yet untapped source for innovation? How to expand into new values-based markets?
- Business Modelling: Workshops allow developing business models and their components based on values.
- Future Scenarios: Exploratory and normative scenarios reveal what to prepare for and where to head.
- Field Research: Ethnographic inquiries reveal values and interests of diverse stakeholder groups.
Are you interested in using these methods? Contact us
We teach Values-Based Innovation Management on Bachelor and Master level as well as for Professionals and Executives.
- Bachelor and Master courses: e.g. HMKW Berlin, University of Hamburg
- Professional and Executive courses: e.g. Leuphana University, Lufthansa Systems
- Teaching workshops: e.g. Halmstad University, Copenhagen Business School
Are you interested in a course or workshop? Contact us
Our research on Values-Based Innovation Management covers a broad range of theoretical and practical issues. For example:
- Values-based network innovation: Read our in-depth case study on the German EnERgion project.
- Values-based business model innovation: We are exploring sustainable business model patterns and tools.
- Values-based product innovation: Our latest case study deals with the case of Tata’s Nano car.
Are you interested in contributing to our research? Contact us
Various materials are available to support Values-Based Innovation Management in teaching, research, and practice.
- Teaching resources: Available for free from the companion website, e.g. a 124-page presentation slide deck and 11 teaching cases.
- Research resources: Journal articles, conference papers, and book chapters are available in English and German.
- Tools: The Business Innovation Kit and the Sustainability Innovation Pack are available as free and premium versions from UXBerlin.
Henning Breuer is the founder of UXBerlin – Innovation Consulting, and Professor for Business and Media Psychology at the University of Applied Sciences of Media, Communication and Management in Berlin, Germany.
Florian Lüdeke-Freund holds the Chair for Corporate Sustainability at ESCP Europe Business School, Berlin, and he is Research Fellow at the Center for Sustainability Management (CSM) and Copenhagen Business School (CBS).
If you have any questions or need further materials: email@example.com